Wednesday, December 30, 2009

week 44


Concept design with Chris Turnham and Kevin Dart

This week we started out on our seven week end-of-semester project – the target of finishing one rendered still image. The headline was “circusFreaks” and we were given a style guide (the style guide given to us was “vinyl-toys”) this was the framework where in we had to keep…

I started working out a story for my character. The first thought I had about Circus freaks was that there is a certain sad quality to it. I thought about Pinocchio and how he was being used by (mean guy) so I decided that my character should have had it. It should all be to mucj for him – so he was going to end it – by committing suicide. Next I focused on the character itself, went for a classic – the elephant man – although my character ended up being more elephant than man, and probably the cutest elephant man ever….but still a circus freak.


No comments:

Post a Comment