Sunday, March 20, 2011

Self Study

- the orphanage -
- Frankie -
- Frankie needed a cat for some reason -

- momNdad -


So I have had two weeks of self study. I decided to work on some character and background design and some concept art. Mainly because I felt like it had been a long time since I did some 2D work. So I started out with no real plan - but quickly came up with a little story that all the designs where aimed for. The story of a happy little suburban family mom, dad and a couple of twin boys - and for some reason the parents wants another child - so they end up adopting "Frankie", a kind and shy kid, who some might think of as being slightly weird looking(his father was that monster - wasn't he?) well naturally this doesn't go down well with the twins, who starts to treat Frankie like shit in order to get rid of him. Now what happens next I'm still working on.
These images are the more finished designs, all made in illustrator, I did make more sketches that I'll upload later on, or maybe finish all of them - the idea was to make an entire line up with all the characters for this "story"; like all of the other orphans, they should of course all be different kind of well known monster, a vampire, zombie, mummy etc.
I'm not entirely happy with all of the characters, especially Frankie and his cat would benefit from a little more work.



No comments:

Post a Comment