Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter, Dracula and Brütus

- Brütus, Dracula's pet rat -

So because Easter is coming up I decided to make another Dracula....makes sense right?
Na' the Robot I've been working on will probably be another week or two before I'll have something finished, cleaning up the project before moving on became a little boring - and I really like to procrastinate so I needed a tiny break. Basically I wanted to finish something - and so it had to be in 2D.


So this is my starting point, a quick sketch I did on paper before bringing it into the computer through the magic of my smartphone camera. And like I said; Easter is coming up so naturally I thought; Dracula - there were no real master plan, I found some inspiration in the graphics from Plants vs. Zombies and wanted to try to play with light/shadow in this very flat or graphic style. For starters I was only planning on doing his head but before I knew it he had a pet rat and some sort of body.


Now he turned out a little more effeminate than I planned, but I do think that he rocks that nail polish.
And as always I can never decide on a final-final image, there are just to many opportunities, so naturally I had to do more than one version. I quite like the all clean look - no background just the crisp character, but at the same time I am a sucker for adding textures.
- Maybe I should make an Easter bunny.....hmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment