Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 18-20

Animation & Rigging with André Bergs
We started out with one week of animation - in order to get a better understanding of how a proper rig should work, and just made a couple of small animation exercises; bouncing ball, tentacle, tentacle playing with ball and for the grand finale we animated to a piece of music. Animating a character to our own little bit of music - and in the end it was all put together.

For the rigging we could choose between a standard character to rig or we could use or own. In order to keep it a bit simpler for myself I chose the standard character, which I think was a good idea - since there where more than enough (minor) problems.
And lots of new things to take in, gimball lock, rotation order(Switzerland&the axis of evil) and remembering to keep a decent naming convention on all the joints and controllers - to avoid getting to confused.
- I did manage to complete the basic rig, and I also had the time to ad some rotation-correction-joints in both arms. The IK/FK switch for the arms I didn't get around to.
-a sketch of our teacher-

-some screen shots of the rig-


No comments:

Post a Comment